compensation: Negotiable hourly wage between $8-$10/hr, based on education and experience and tuition remission for children enrolled at our school. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Full-Time Primary Classroom Assistant beginning January
We are looking for someone who will support the work of the teacher (guide) and students and is looking to grow a career with us. The person selected for this position will assist our classroom guide in a class of children between the ages of two and six years of age.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the environment.
- Support the guide.
- Work with individual & small groups of children as directed by the guide.
- Perform special tasks assigned by the guide.
- Observe the children’s behavior and communicate these observations to the guide.
- Supervise the children when the guide is out of the room or on the playground.
- Give full conscious attention to each encounter with a child.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect and without preferences.
- Use positive phrasing and discipline.
- Make every effort to be in attendance every work day.
- Maintain current CPR & First Aid training
- Assist with projects, programs, events and planning as assigned by the guide and/or Director.
Our ideal candidate will come with an awareness of Montessori activities or be open to acquiring knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and a love for children.
Education and Qualifications: Must be 18 or older, have a high school diploma or its equivalent and have childcare experience. A college education is a plus.
How to apply: Please reply via email with your resume and personal statement.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers